I love fonts and typography. It wasn’t until this year that I realized that there are FREE fonts out there, just waiting to be downloaded! Thousands of free fonts. If you are new to downloading fonts, I’ll share a few of my favorites and outline how do download them to your computer for easy use.
Click on the name below to download the fonts:
How to download and install fonts onto your computer:
1. Click one of the font names above in green.
2. Find and press the “Install” button on the font website.
3. Go to your “Download” folder and double click the file name (mine shows up on the bottom of my browser).
4. If a comment window opens up, click close.
5. Find the file that has “.ttf” or “.otf” at the end of it (some fonts have several). Double click it.
6. Wait for the font window to open up displaying the font letters. Click the “Install” button (if your computer has user controls, you may need to enter your password here).
7. Be creative and use the font in any of your programs!
8. Rinse and Repeat.
I have downloaded hundreds of free fonts. Now the tricky part is picking which font for each project! I hope you enjoy the ones I highlighted above. What are your favorite fonts? Leave a comment and a url for the download for all to share!