Instagram is so fun and hip right now I decided to jump on the bandwagon and make a free template for everyone. I’ve basically made a layout that is printable in 5X7 or 8X12. Here are a few uses for the template:
Perfect for a teen or pre-teen scrapbook. There are places to put the date, the event, who is in the photo, and what they were doing, and lets face it, way cooler than cutting and gluing pages together.
It’s almost time for school to start again, and it seems every year one of my kids is supposed to bring a bunch of photos to tell the class about themselves. These are perfect. The one below shows an example of a boy showing off his swimming skills as well as lets the teacher know whats going on.
Invitations are always a fun way to get creative. Here a teen band made a concert poster using the template. The text boxes were used to fill in all the necessary 411.
How to use these templates:
- Upload a picture to PicMonkey.
- Crop, use drop down menu and choose square. Make it any size, just square.
- Choose an effect.
- Add text if desired.
- Choose a frame.
- Save Photo in largest format (“Russel”).
- Open Publisher doc provided below.
- Insert picture from file.
- Right-click photo, select size, re-size to specs on template.
- layer photo over templates gray photo box
- Replace text with desired words
- Add a tiny photo for the top image
- Highlight the entire image, right-click, save as an image.
- Print photo or Upload to online photo studio like Costco.
5X7 Instagram Template with Font call outs
8X12 Instagram Template with Font call outs
If you have a different program you would like to edit this in, right-click and copy the following images. Overlay your images and text right on top (note the call outs in the images above).
5X7 Instagram Template
8X12 Instagram Template
What would you use this template for? If you make something with it, send it to me, I’d love to see (note: I wouldn’t publish your image without consent)!
To see how I used this template for a church youth poster, click on the image below: